Wednesday 4 June 2014

"A bit sick, but chick lit and melodrama' for June

Our book for June is Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl. I know a couple of you have read it but some folk so enjoyed it, I thought it would be a worthwhile read for the whole group.



Peter Craven from 'The Sydney Morning Herald' titled his review 'A bit sick, but chick lit and melodrama make it a winner'. It certainly sounds like a different read from last month. Many folks join book clubs to read outside of their usual genre and this one certainly sounds outside of my comfort zone.

Here is a YouTube clip featuring the official trailer from the soon to be released movie based on the book. The film stars Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike and Neil Patrick and is directed by David Fincher. (Please excuse the before and after advertising on the clip, I was not sure how to get rid of this so thought it safer to leave it in.)

Here is what Gillian (pronounced with a hard 'G') Flynn had to say about Gone Girl.

I can't say I'm looking forward to this read and have already found a number of 'must-read-right-nows' to ensure the delay of starting it. Certainly sounds like a novel which must be read between the lines and with the lights on......

Our next book club will be at Gordon White Library at 6.00pm on Thursday 26 June.

After all of that, all I can say is keep those pages turning......



No comments:

Post a Comment